- October 9, 2015 at 12:46 pm #9680
The Last Date This Page Was Updated: 10/9/15
May Issue VS Shall Issue: Shall Issue
Issuing Authority: Department of Public Safety
Required Training: Any firearm training course from a certified instructor will qualify.
How to Apply: Mail in training certificate, two sets of fingerprints, one quality photograph, and the application along with fee.
Non-Residents: Same as residents. You can request the application packet with instructions from the Arizona DPS website.
Renewal: Permits must be renewed every five years. The DPS will mail out a renewal packet to the address on file appx 90 days before the expiration date.
Processing Time: No more than 60 days.
Change of Address: There is an official form to fill out and submit.
Required to Notify Law Enforcement: The permit must be presented to law enforcement upon request.
Places Off Limits When Carrying:
Federal restrictions include all Federal Building, National monuments, National memorials, secure areas.
State restrictions include:
- A private business who serves alcohol and chooses to display a sign close to the liquor license with a picture of a gun in a red circle with a diagonal line across it
- Schools K-12 including school yards and buses. A permittee may remain in the vehicle with the firearm or leave the firearm in a locked and non-visible case inside the vehicle when on school property
- Commercial nuclear or hydroelectric generating stations.
- Polling places on Election Day.
- Correctional facilities (this includes the parking lot of such facilities).
- Game refuges (except during an authorized hunt).
Private Property Prohibitions: Signs do have the force of law but there are no requirements about what the sign has to say or look like.
State Website: Arizona
Current Reciprocity Map:
Resident Permit Map
Non-Resident Permit MapNovember 1, 2015 at 7:15 pm #10327
So I have a question. I understand that through this course you can apply for a Virginia concealed carry permit. But, does the completion of the course qualify for Arizona as a concealed carry course. So when I complete the course, can I sent the certificate in to apply for my Arizona concealed carry permit?December 8, 2015 at 11:46 pm #13050
Lane, the online concealed carry course that we have for sale on our website doesn’t qualify for the Arizona permit. It only qualifies for the Virginia permit. That said, once you have obtained a Virginia permit, a photocopy of the Virginia permit can be used as proof of training when applying for the Arizona permit; but the certificate from our course will not qualify by itself. I realize that doesn’t make a lot of sense but that is the deal.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.