Top Menu

Home Forums Discussion by State Georgia Georgia Concealed Carry Permits

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jacob Paulsen 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jacob Paulsen

The Last Date This Page Was Updated: 07/05/16

May Issue VS Shall Issue: Shall Issue

Issuing Authority: Your county probate court

Required Training: No training required

How to Apply: Apply at your county office. Some counties now have online applications. Bring ID, Proof of residency, and anything else required by the county

Non-Residents: Non-residents are not eligible for the Georgia permit

Renewal: Permit is valid for five years. You can renew as early as 90 days before the permit expires as up to 30 days after it expires.

Processing Time:

Cost: $75 to $89 depending on the county

Change of Address:

Required to Notify Law Enforcement: No

Places Off Limits When Carrying:

Federal restrictions include all Federal Building, National monuments, National memorials, secure areas.

State restrictions include:

• In a courthouse
    • In a jail or prison
    • In a place of worship, unless the governing authority of the place of worship permits the carrying of weapons by license holders
    • In a state mental health facility
    • The premise of a nuclear power facility
    • Within 150 feet of a polling place
    • A school safety zone (building or other real property)  or at a school function or on a bus or other transportation furnished by a school

Private Property Prohibitions: Private property owners may exclude or eject a person who is in possession of a weapon on their private property. Signs do not have the force of law but if you refuse to leave you are breaking the law and can be charged.

State Website: Georgia

Current Reciprocity Map:

Georgia Concealed Carry Reciprocity Map

Virginia is a fairly eady state to aquire a non resident permit. All you need is a current permit from your home state, and the fee, which for me was too hefty. I believe it was $130.00 last time I checked, but that could be wrong.

Jacob Paulsen

The fee for the Virginia permit is $100 every 5 years.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.