Top Menu

Home Forums Guardian Nation SIRT Training

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Jones 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jerry
    Participant

Do you log your training with the SIRT pistol (or other dry fire) in the shooting log here on your “dashboard”? I’ve been spending quite a bit of time with the SIRT lately but not logging it, Do you think I should be logging it?

Thanks

Jerry

Jacob Paulsen
    Participant

Jerry, the log allows that you can indicate laser vs live fire training so I would encourage it. In a few months we’ll be releasing an update to the training tracker that will make it easier to separate out your training hours and stats between your live and dry fire.

That said it is a bigger challenge for sure. I do a little Laser training almost every day so logging it can become burdensome… but still probably worth it.

David Jones
    Participant

I have been using the co2 recoil glock 22 setup and I find it hard to remember how many “rounds” I go through. I try to remember the number of clips I fill up and have been recently keeping track on paper as I do this for an hour or two at a time. When I get my sirt setup at home can I keep track of the rounds I shoot by using the laser system?

Are there any good ideas on how to practice dry firing out in public so to speak. I drive a semi truck around town for 14 hours a day up to 6 days a week so my home time is very small. I’m not wanting to pill out my sirt and have folks freak out. Any ideas?

Jacob Paulsen
    Participant

When using the LASR system you can save each round of fire but it can become tedious to do so. When I log my Laser training I always estimate the total number of rounds fired.

@david_jones I shared an idea on the other forum topic you started!

David Jones
    Participant

Nice I can estimate my shots no sweat. I like the mental training aspect so as to not freak out the general population. It will be easy to roll play as I’m at gas stations all day long.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.